ESPN BOTTOM LINE

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tebow responds to Elway, Plummer remarks

From: REDZONE.org

Denver Broncos quarterbackTim Tebow on Tuesday told "ESPN First Take" that he doesn't pay attention to the comments from Denver Broncos chief of football operations John Elway in Monday's radio inerview.

Elway answered "no" on Monday when asked on his weekly radio show on 102.3 FM The Ticket in Denver if the Broncos were "any closer to feeling if you have your quarterback on this team?"

"I honestly don't pay much attention," Tebow said when asked to respond to Elway's comments. "I don't try to focus on anything that doesn't affect me personally and how I go out there every single day. I'm just going to continue to work hard and focus on what I can control."

Tebow called Elway "one of the best to ever play the game."

Tebow also was asked to respond to comments made by former Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer to a Phoenix radio station Monday about Tebow's expression of his Christian faith on the football field.

"I think he's a winner and I respect that about him," Plummer told 910-AM. "I think that when he accepts the fact that we know that he loves Jesus Christ, then I think I'll like him a little better. I don't hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff."

Tebow said, "If you're married and you have a wife and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife 'I love her' the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity? That's how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...