ESPN BOTTOM LINE

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Source: Mike Munchak's 'heart is torn' about Penn State

From: REDZONE.org

Penn State has not given up hope it can lure Mike Munchak for its coaching vacancy, a persistence grounded in the belief the Titans coach may listen to the Nittany Lions after all, sources said Saturday according to Joe Schad of ESPN.

Munchak has repeatedly stated he would remain at Tennessee, but a source close to him said Munchak is struggling with the concept that he can "fix and make right" his alma mater.

"He loves his school and his heart is torn," the source said Saturday. "He really fits what they want and need to a tee."

The source said Munchak's situation should be resolved within a week. The Titans end their season Sunday against the Texans in Houston.

On Wednesday, Munchak said he was flattered to be mentioned for the Nittany Lions' opening, but he was not leaving the Titans, insisting he loves what he's doing in Tennessee. It was the third time since Hall of Famer Joe Paterno was fired in early November that Munchak has denied interest in the opening.

"You all know Penn State means a lot to me," Munchak said. "I obviously went to school there and I'm real concerned for what they've gone through the last couple of months.

"They have not contacted me in any way or talked to me about the possibility of working there. I have not reached out to them. I have a job that I enjoy quite a bit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...