ESPN BOTTOM LINE

Monday, January 2, 2012

DeSean Jackson apologizes for season of distraction

From: REDZONE.org

Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson let his desire for a contract extension hinder him this season, and for that he’s sorry according to Andy Schwartz of CSNPhilly.com.

“I can admit to certain things affecting me during the season. I just kind of want to apologize or whatever the case may be,” Jackson said after the Eagles finished their lost season with a 34-10 rout of the Redskins. “I probably could have handled it a little different, but now sitting here after the season’s over, I can just say I was able to put it behind me and really just fight for my teammates. Fight for this organization – just really knowing something good out of this situation was going to happen. I was able to finally get to that and just move forward. We’ll see how it plays out.”

“I don’t know if I’m going to be here next year or not,” he said. “It’s kind of out of my control, out of my powers. I hope that I’ll be here. The guys on this team, the fans, it’s home for myself, so we’ll see how it plays.”

Would the franchise tag be OK?

“Why wouldn’t it?” Jackson said.

“Hey, it’d be all right. God’s got a plan, brother. I’m going to roll with it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...