ESPN BOTTOM LINE

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hines Ward retires as a Pittsburgh Steeler

FROM: REDZONE.org

Hines Ward announced his retirement from the NFL as expected.

"I am truly blessed. I have accomplished all I have set out for and more," Ward said according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"There's only one thing I love more than the game and that's Steeler Nation," Ward said, as tears came to his eyes. "It is truly amazing.

"You guys mean the world to me. This city and this organization mean the world to me. Today I came back to Pittsburgh to grant Steelers Nation one last request, so today I am officially retiring as a Pittsburgh Steeler."

"I don't want to play in any other uniform. Black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...