ESPN BOTTOM LINE

Monday, April 23, 2012

Brian Dawkins Annouces His Retirement From The NFL

From: GCOBB.com

Former Eagles great Brian Dawkins announced his retirement today on Twitter.

“The Lord has blessed me to play in the NFL for 16 years. I would like to thank the Eagles and the Broncos for believing in me. I would like [to] thank all of my teammates & coaches that I have been blessed [to] go to battle with. Along with [you], the fans, [for] helping make my career [one] that I have enjoyed tremendously.

In other words, I am announcing my retirement from the NFL.”

I believe he will be selected for the NFL Hall of Fame when the opportunity presents itself and he will forever be known for his tremendous commitment and effort.

He was a tremendous leader for the Birds for 13 years then he finished his career up in Denver with the Broncos for three years.  Amazingly Dawkins continued to play great football in Denver through the final years of his career.

Dawkins is expected to return to Philadelphia some this week so that he can sign a contract with the Birds are retire as an Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...