ESPN BOTTOM LINE

Monday, June 18, 2012

Scott Fujita calls bounty investigation a "smear campaign"

From: Redzone.org

Browns linebacker Scott Fujita  said the NFL is conducting a "smear campaign" against players accused of participating in the New Orleans Saints bounty program and still sees no evidence linking him to the scandal, Tom Reed of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports.

Fujita told reporters. " I have yet to see anything that implicates me in some pay-to-injure scheme – not in the last three months, not in the last three days, not today. And perhaps that’s because there is nothing that can implicate me in some pay-to-injure scheme.

"You know, throughout this process it has become increasingly clear to me that just because someone disagrees with NFL’s interpretation of an incredibly flawed investigation it’s assumed that he’s lying and to me and that’s a shame."

"I’ve played 10 years in this league and throughout my career I’ve done nothing but conduct myself in a positive manner," he told reporters. "This has impacted my reputation, this has impacted my ability to provide for my family now and in the future and I have a hard time with that. The NFL has been careless and irresponsible and they have made mistakes. At some point they have to answer questions."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...